FurstPerson is a vibrant, rapidly growing human resources solutions company that partners with some of the most respected companies in the world. We bring together technology, talent acquisition expertise, management consulting, and data science to create custom solutions that empower talent planning and decision making.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to help us manage our growth and improve our financial reporting capabilities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Independently complete the month end close, and report timely and accurate numbers to the CFO and CEO.
- Complete year-end close and act as main point of contact with outside financial auditors.
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll including entering and running payroll on a semi-monthly basis in Gusto.
- Perform timely analysis of financial trends and forecasts.
- Monitor and track spending against budget.
- Work closely with Operations to examine costs, and improve margins.
- Work closely with Sales to review contracts for proper pricing and revenue recognition.
- Work closely with the CEO for internal analysis of business metrics.
- Collect, review, obtain approvals and process all accounts payables.
- Prepare journal entries in Xero.
- Conduct account reconciliation and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist with month/quarter/year end.
- Communicate with vendors and maintain vendor files.
- Audit expense reports, and provide supporting documentation for audits.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three plus years working in an accounting role including AP, Payroll, Revenue Recognition
- Strong accounting, reconciliation and analytical skills.
- Experience with accrual accounting.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Advance MS Office (specifically MS Excel knowledge required like (pivot tables, V look-up, etc.)
- Must have good verbal and written communication
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate ability to manage work independently
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- A strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Academic experience in accounting theory
What Would Be Nice:
- Experience with Xero, Gusto, and other SaaS financial reporting tools
- Previous experience working in tech start-up or similar environment.
- Experience in a SaaS accounting environment is a plus.