FurstPerson is a vibrant, rapidly growing human resources solutions company that partners with some of the most respected companies in the world. We bring together technology, talent acquisition expertise, management consulting, and data science to create custom solutions that empower talent planning and decision making.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated Product Owner to join our team to guide the development of our Find Hire Keep and Go Test Now software platforms. In our development environment, the Product Owner is the project’s key stakeholder. The Product Owner leads the translation of the features into technical requirements that are then communicated to the software development team. The Product Owner is responsible for the product and product features from concept to end of life. The Product Owner works with architects, product marketing and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. The Product Owner is responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature. The Product Owner is the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions, and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle. The Product Owner understands both the engineering and business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles.
- Collaborate with product architect and product marketing teams to translate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement.
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our partners.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Ensure clearly defined acceptance criteria per feature.
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Accountable for a created product(s), delivering in the product model and communicating the product needs with business partners.
- Maintain and prioritize the backlog to ensure that the team is working on projects that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers.
What You’ll Need:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Adminstration, Computer Science, Math, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Owner role.
- Experience with agile methodologies particularly Scrum and data-informed product ownership
- You care about being part of a high performing collaborative services team.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills; storytelling; ability to speak fluently to all technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Great relationship management skills fostering good working practices with all stakeholders and customers.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills to influence decision making at all levels within the organization, and in a variety of contexts.
- Strong conceptual thinking and knowledge of workforce hiring processes in contact centers, retail, hospitality, or other sectors would be a strong advantage.